News Today Monday (02/05/2011). Two non-government organization (NGO) pointed to Foxconn, the factory that assembles iPad and iPhone, has treated its workers with inhuman.
Here are 5 blurry portrait revealed in investigations by NGO named Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations and Students & Scholars Against Corporate Misbehaviour (Sacom) is:
1. Activities excessive overtime is something that usually happens in these factories. Even in this investigation found pay slips indicating an employee who has been running 98 hours overtime a month. In fact, overtime limits that legalized only limited to 36 hours each month.
2. Workers were forced to meet the huge market demand of the iPad, thus making the workers are forced to take off only one day of rations.
3. In some places, workers who have poor work performance is sometimes embarrassed in front of colleagues.
4. Boarding provided for workers so crowded and has very strict rules. An investigator interviewed workers said he had been forced to sign a confession after caught using a hair dryer. In the letter reads: "This is my fault. I'll never blow my hair back in the room. I've done something bad and will not repeat it again."
5. When a case of suicide that struck Foxconn burst some time ago, workers are asked to sign an agreement not to kill himself and would better appreciate their lives.
Reported by the Guardian and quoted HOT News, investigations by two NGOs in the above done on Foxconn factory located in Shenzhen and Chengdu, China. They claimed that around 500 thousand workers work in conditions that do not reflect the success of the iPad.
Foxconn has been accused of excessive working hours as well as in applying a rule that binds the company's employees.
always Stay and Enjoy On Hot News