The widespread popularity of Twitter. Since its founding in March 2006, Twitter now has more than 190 million users, equivalent to the total population of Brazil.
Twitter will celebrate its fifth anniversary on March 21, 2011 since his first tweet was posted on March 21, 2006. At that time, Jack Dorsey (jack @) sends a message "inviting coworkers' as the world's first tweet.
A week before celebrating its anniversary, Twitter presents the latest statistics that show how great he was before the age of five.
This week in 2006, designers began creating prototypes of what would be Twitter. Then, followed the first milestone Jack Dorsey who send the world's first tweet.
Want to know what has been achieved Twitter before the age of five? Here we summarize the important statistics from Mashable.com, Tuesday, March 15, 2011:
Initial concept doodles Twitter by Jack Dorsey • It took 3 years 2 months and 1 day to get to the tweet that to-1 billion. Today, there are 1 billion tweet milling per week.
• A year ago, Twitter users send 50 million tweets per day. On March 11, 2011, amount to 117 million tweet.
• There are about 456 tweets per second after Michael Jackson died in 2009. However, the record is broken by the momentum of the new year 2011 which posted a tweet 6939, commencing after passing through the middle of the night in Japan.
• There are about 572 thousand new accounts that register on March 12, 2011. On average, there are 460 thousand account sign up every day throughout the month of February 2011.
• Users of mobile devices, including phones, smartphones, tablet PCs, iPod, and the like, an increase of 182 percent compared to the year 2010.
• Currently, Twitter has 400 employees. In comparison, January 2008, blue bird logo microblogging site that only has 8 employees. (Adi)